Medeco builds on more than 50 years of lock engineering innovation and takes security to the next level, offering the highest level of protection against physical attack and unauthorized key duplication with Medeco 4 (M4).
M4 cylinders are UL 437 Listed with solid brass construction and hardened-steel inserts to thwart drilling attacks. In addition to top pins that lift and rotate, M4’s design includes 4 Side Pins made up of 3 Finger Pins and 1 Lift Pin. The Lift Pin is activated by contact with the Shuttle Pin movable element in the key, providing a high level of pick resistance. The Finger Pins work with Secondary Side cuts on the key to provide increased security and greater potential combinations.
The patent-pending M4 key with Shuttle Pin movable element protects against the emerging threat of 3D printing for added credential security. Passing UL437 and ANSI/BHMA (pending) rigid testing procedures affirms Medeco 4’s ability to protect people and property.
- Key Control – Patent-pending key control protects against unauthorized duplication of keys.
- Protection against 3D Printing – A patent-pending movable element in the key deters unauthorized 3D printed copies of keys or blanks.
- Picking and Bumping Protection – M4 cylinders use cylinder side pins, a shuttle lift pin and a movable element in the key to engage a sidebar to prevent opening until the elements are rotated and aligned in the correct position, protecting against bumping, picking and other attacks.
- Uses Existing Hardware – M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats, retrofitting most hardware on the market.
- Protection from Physical Attack – M4 cylinders are UL 437 listed for protection against drilling, picking, and other forms of physical attack.
- Special Angled Key Cuts – A special key cutting machine and access to Medeco-specific blanks are required to duplicate M4 keys, which are available in multiple levels of restriction to support every need.
- Master Keying Capabilities – M4 cylinders can be master keyed into a system that includes M4, BiLevel, and M4 CLIQ keys and cylinders. Very large systems are possible.
Tests prescribed in Underwriters Laboratory Standard 437 for Safety for Locks are primarily designed to measure a locking cylinder’s ability to resist physical attack.
- 100,000 cycle endurance test
- Resistant to picking or key fitting tests
- Attack resistance tests
- Forcing, drilling, sawing, prying, pulling, plug driving, and corrosion resistance in a salt fog chamber.
- While Medeco 4 cylinders meet or exceed UL437 criteria, most common or standard cylinders available today do not meet these minimum guidelines.
- ANSI/BHMA A156.30 & 156.5 Rated (pending)
Builders Hardware Manufacturing Association (BHMA) standard A156.30-2003, approved and adopted by ANSI, covers high security cylinders and was developed to provide specific guidance as to which products can be considered as high security cylinders. Medeco 4 cylinders meet or exceed BHMA A156.30 criteria for strength and durability, key control, and surreptitious entry resistance.
Warranty: Medeco 4 cylinders are warranted for two years against manufacturer’s defects. See the Medeco® limited warranty for full details .
M4 cylinders are available in a wide variety of formats and are ideal for any application requiring key control and a high level of physical security. They are upgradeable to electronics with M4 CLIQ.