Yale’s 400/4400 Series Institutional Door Closers offer customers the ideal combination of superior performance, quality and strength. With upgraded pinion and piston materials, improved valve design, and staked valves, the closers are the most efficient, dependable closers in the industry. The addition of a size 1-6 spring for the 4400’s also simplifies the process of specifying and ordering product.
This U.L. listed, ANSI/BHMA Grade 1 certified closer has a proven history. It is an ideal choice for interior or exterior doors in facilities that demand reliability such as schools, office buildings, hospitals, department stores and airports.
Product will be painted with a combination of waterborne acrylic and polyester powder coat. Closers will withstand 100 hours of salt spray. (ANSI requires 25 hours.)
- Exceeds 10 million cycles
- Cast aluminum body
- Rack and pinion body
- Staked valves
- Separate and independent, latch, sweep and backcheck intensity valves
- 1-1/2″ (38mm) diameter piston
- 5/8″ (16mm) diameter pinion journals
- 2-1/8″ (54mm) projection (standard covers)
- All standard arm applications allow doors to swing 180°, conditions permitting
- 25-year limited warranty
- Self-drilling screws
- Molded plastic cover
- Backcheck positioning